If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the product(s) within 30 days of the invoice date. Please follow the below steps for an easy return of your product(s). This information is for returns of Electronic Low Vision, Daily Living Aids and Professional Products.
- Please call (800) 444-4443 to be issued a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning the product. The RMA number must be clearly marked on the outside of the box.
- All returns should be insured and proof of delivery obtained from the carrier of your choice such as UPS or FedEx and sent to:
Optelec Returns, 15301 Springdale Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Returns must be returned pre-paid and we cannot accept C.O.D deliveries.
- A 15% restocking fee is charged for all non-defective products received after 30 days.
- Non-defective products may not be returned after 60 days.
- Shipping and handling cost are not refundable.
- Optelec is not responsible for loss or damage during shipment.
- Non-defective products accepted for return must be in resalable condition, in its original factory packaging with all instructions, manuals, or accessories, received free of personal markings, and packed in a protective outer carton. All returns are inspected and if found to not be in resalable condition a 15% restocking fee will be deducted from your credit amount.
- Shortages of products being returned when compared to the customer-packing list shall be the responsibility of the customer.
- Defective products will be replaced or repaired if they are under the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Please notify Optelec within 14 calendar days of the invoice/packing date of any orders that were shipped incorrectly. All products that are damaged after shipment will be repaired or replaced at cost to the customer.
- Special ordered or custom made products, including products incorporating prescriptions are not returnable.
- Products that are used on the body, for food or medicine preparations are not returnable due to health and safety regulations. The products include manicuring items, blood pressure or glucose meters, syringe holders, thermometers, eye care products, etc.
- Any computer software products are not returnable.
- Corrosion of products caused by leaking batteries that were not supplied by the manufacturer is not covered under warranty. Please remove batteries from any illuminated magnifier that is being returned for credit or replacement.
- Accounts will be credited following the receipt, inspection and approval of returned products. It usually takes 1-2 billing cycles for a credit to appear on your credit card statement for accounts with credit card payment terms.
Optelec selects the optimum carrier for each package. If your package is received damaged, please contact our Customer Care Department immediately upon receipt. We are happy to provide you the information to contact your selected carrier and process your return. In any case, please do NOT discard the packaging. An inspector from the carrier will likely investigate the claim before the return can be made.
For questions please contact our Customer Care Department at (800) 444-4443.
Terms are subject to change without notice.